Detailed technical manual for the iStraight Keratin is available upon request.
1. Shampoo with Innosys Clarifying Shampoo 2 to 3 times and rinse thoroughly. Note: For smoother results against strong curls and resistant hair types, lnnosys Power Boost can be used as a cuticle opener before applying iStraight Keratin. Simply spray Innosys Power Boost evenly throughout damp hair, process for 10 minutes to activate then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water.
2. Blow dry 50% – 70%. A little moisture in the hair will help distribute the products evenly.
3. Section the hair into 4 parts, then apply iStraight Keratin in 1/4 to 1/2 inch sections starting from the nape. Shake the bottle well before use and apply with gloves. Do not touch the scalp or over saturate. On average, you will use 2 to 3 oz depending on the condition, porosity, and density of the client’s hair. Apply 1/4 to 1/2 inch away from the scalp at all times.
4. Process for 10 minutes to allow the iStraight Keratin to penetrate. Do not use heat or cap the hair during the 10 minutes.
5. Blow dry 100% using a paddle, ceramic or plastic roll brush. Avoid using boar bristle brushes which can soak up and possibly strip the keratin. Do not place the blow dryer directly on the hair; blow dry 1 to 2 inches away.
6. Flat iron the hair in 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch sections depending on the thickness of the hair. Using a professional flat iron between 380-450 degrees Fahrenheit, press and stroke the hair 4 to 7 times per section depending on the condition of the client’s hair.
Recommended temperatures. Please adjust the temperature accordingly to the client’s hair
7. Style and complete. There is no need to rinse.
We highly recommend using our specially formulated Innosys Kera Shampoo and Innosys Kera Conditioner to prolong the effects of ‘Straight Keratin, Advanced Keratin Treatment. Please advise your client to keep the hair dry for 24 to 48 hours. If the client goes swimming at the beach or in a pool, they should shampoo the hair using the Kera Shampoo and Kera Conditioner as soon as possible to wash away the salt from the beach and chlorine from the pool which can strip the keratin treatment from the hair.